The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca is the successor of the prestigious Higher School of Agriculture of Cluj, founded 145 years ago, in October 1869, under the name of Institute of Agronomic Studies, Cluj-Manastur. In 1906, the Institute reached the Academy level, becoming the Academy of Agriculture of Cluj.
The University comprises five faculties, departments, a library, two research Institutes, museums, cafeterias, administrative and technical services, establishments for practical training, recreation, social services, etc.
The University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine campus covers an area of more than 20 hectares, having a complex micro-relief. The local soil and climate have developed in time a specific flora and fauna, which can be seen and admired day by day.
Classical and modern buildings provide a good infrastructure for Conference Proceedings.